Thursday, October 11, 2007

Classical Guitar Version of Bohemian Rhapsody

WOW! I just love stuff like this!

Someone takes a piece of music which I enjoy and makes a different arrangement of it, or mixes the instruments around, or in this case just adapts it for all one instrument.

The video below is Edgar Cruz playing and then explaining how to play his arrangement of "Bohemian Rhapsody". This guy has taken all instruments played by the whole band and put them seamlessly into this rendition of the song.

In the first section we get the performance, the second part with the teaching is certainly nice but not as interesting to me as the first part.



"Bohemian Rhapsody" arranged for solo guitar by Edgar Cruz.
Performance and Teaching excerpts.

This all reminds me of the first time I heard the Eagles doing the 'unplugged' edition of "Hotel California"... ah... how lovely.

No comments: