Sunday, June 1, 2008

First Sighting!!! The Magic Strawberries!

Strawberry Season is Here!!!

Today on our Sunday morning bike ride I spied my first Giant Strawberry!!

Soon these little street vendors will pop up all over the city and sell some of the most sumptuous berries to be had. Oh I LOVE this season!

Where is that Recipezaar link?
I have about 15 wonderful recipes stored on Recipezaar with the luscious red berry as a main ingredient. Please, help me with some ideas for a little variety in the upcoming weeks.
What is your favorite way to serve strawberries?

5 comments:

cliff1976 said...

Our first attempt at Shortcake was a huge hit at a grill party on Saturday!

Evidence:
http://www.regensblog.com/photos/photo/2543053608/Phase-2.html

The recipe is forthcoming on Ye Olde Regensblogge.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

YIPPEE!!! We saw a pick your own near us yesterday, but didn't stop for some strange reason! I will be going back though :)

Goofball said...

very simple: lots of strawberries cut to pieces with a little bit of lemon juice and even less sugar and then lots of fresh mint. Mmmm

Diane Mandy said...

I like mine topped with a little with vanilla yogurt...

Jul said...

Oh I love those cute little strawberry huts. I hope there will be some in Munich!