Monday, October 20, 2008

Good enough for Powell, good enough for me

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell finally expressed his thoughts on the candidates for president, and came out for Obama. I remember back in July when asked who he would endorse he carefully mentioned that he would be watching how things progressed before backing a candidate. Yesterday on Meet The Press with Brokaw he finally opened up. I just hope that Americans will stand up and take notice.

He hit all of the points which have been bothering me.
OK, so Obama's not a Muslim... but so what if he is... isn't this STILL America?
WTF with the Bill Ayers thing? Who cares?
And Powell said McCain's choice of Palin raised questions about judgment.

"She's a very distinguished woman, and she's to be admired. But at the same time, now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president," he said. "And so that raised some question in my mind as to the judgment that Sen. McCain made."

4 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

I was very happy to hear of Powell's endorsement. It was a well laid out, articulation of the facts.

But have you heard how many Republicans are spinning this? Calling it race based? That's just unbelievable!

Goofball said...

I also wonder how the Republicans react to this?

I keep my fingers crossed for the elections!

C N Heidelberg said...

Great video. Thanks for helping me catch up on the news! :)

Bob Stein said...

Thanks for that clip. If Powell ran I might even vote. When he speaks I detect a human brain and a human heart. If he were prez I'd actually listen whenever he had something to say. I haven't felt as strongly since the first Republican president.