Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Make-Believe Maverick - yes, another political post!

Make-Believe Maverick
A closer look at the life and career of John McCain

reveals a disturbing record of recklessness and dishonesty
By TIM DICKINSON Rolling Stone Magazine

OMG! It is a LOOONG one. But it is QUITE interesting. Of course it is rather biased, and smells a lot like Swift-Boating.

I guess that I never knew Bush and McCain had so much in common.

What it does do very well is to give a more clear picture of the life of "that other one" who wants to be president. The explanation on the depth of the "Keating 5" and how unusual that situation was... was quite eye-opening.

Plus who out there had any idea that this guy actually gave up information when he was held in 'Nam? To hear his tell of it, he told them all to go to hell. But I must say that I (and I assume the reader) have NO idea the kind of torture the POW's endured, and I would not wish that on anyone. Of course his experience in the Hanoi Hilton wasn't pleasant, and I don't want to belittle that. But to learn that he got preferential treatment and was probably kept alive because of his family lines is astounding. May I also add that I've known quite a few Vietnam vets in my lifetime... and um, most of them came back a little "touched" for having had the experience.

To make matters worse, in his endless drive for power and one-upping his daddy, he has linked up with the scary Neomaxiezoomdweebie who is just as hungry for power. What scares me about her is that she is jumping up and down to do fantastic things like write discrimination into the Constitution and take away hard-fought and hard-won rights.

After reading this, I'm more certain than EVER that I don't want this hothead to have his finger on "The Button"

A big "whoot, whoot" to DRE for pointing this one out to me.


Been reading:

No comments: