Monday, September 21, 2009

Just do it... but in moderation, of course

Spotted at one of the major German retailers, Karstadt.

I'm not sure just how I should take this.

Is it a smile ONLY once per day, thus showcasing the great talents of the average Berliner?
Or is it saying that you should smile AT LEAST once a day?

Either way it made me giggle so much the guy working the counter nearby was giving me some strange looks as I pulled out my Blackberry for a quick pic.

Just once a day... no more.
Berliners aren't allowed to smile more than once.

6 comments:

Goofball said...

at least you're giving us a smile on your face with this post !

PapaScott said...

Hamburgers smile secretly to themselves all the time, since they just know they are better than everybody else. :-)

Snooker said...

@ Goofball - YES, I was smiling VERY big while taking this. tee hee hee

@ Scott - You know what? I really believe this! NOT that Hamburgers are better... that they BELIEVE they are better. Besides, I think the Bavarians probably believe it more.

Liz Mays said...

I hope you're breaking the rules!

ian in hamburg said...

Karstadt employees smile once a day - at quitting time.

Jan said...

I'm mostly curious how you got such a crisp photo out of your Blackberry. The pictures I take with mine are truly embarrassing.