Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The World According To Americans

Someone sent me this cute commentary piece. Before my fellow Americans get their feathers ruffled... we all need to remember that this is an example of a stereotype. The fact of the matter is that as N. is always saying, "There is a bit of truth in every stereotype".


Click to see it larger.

This reminds me very much of another one of these crazy things that passed my desk in the past. (Wow, I used passed and past in the same sentence ... Mrs. Cera my 7th grade English teacher would be incensed) Here is the World According to G.W. Bush.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!

I have never laughed so hard! It is so true!!! OMG!!
CAn u just send me the maps???? Both of them? They are wonderful and sooo true!!!! Love them both!!!!
Hee hee!!! Thank for the laugh..needed it..have a good one!

Kate La...a PROUD American!!!! =>

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

I love it! It reminds me of our trip to the spring festival down here the other day. One of the rides was called the Wild West. Painted on it were three men on horses - one obviously a cowboy (complete with gun blazin'), one an Indian (with bare chest, feathers and moccasins), and one was a Mexican bandito complete with a bottle of alcohol in his hand. My husband laughed and said, "Yep, stereotypes are alive and well."