Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It has sprung...

It's been a long time since I've posted.
Sure, as I run across things which I think would be interesting, I think to myself... "I should blog this", but I never seem to find the time/energy/motivation/desire.

Thus this poor blog has been sitting out here all alone with only the comment spammers for friends. (Let me tell you, they are cunning little bastards, those spammers)

It's the wind up and a pitch... Swing! and away she goes....

SPRING IS HERE!! The official first day of spring was a let down, but the day directly afterward was fantastic, too bad that beautiful day was a Monday after a crappy weather weekend.

Spring always makes me think of new beginnings. For most people New Years Day is the traditional new beginnings day, but I'm just different that way.

And thus the list of differences between myself and the "normal" human gets another addition.

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." ~Anne Bradstreet

?How about you? When is the time for your "New Beginning"?
What time of year seems to be reasonable for having a second look at the direction you are taking?

I will leave you today with a must-see video.
It is a time-lapse of Vancouver. Normally time-lapse doesn't work so well for me, they don't seem correctly composed or something. Also it straddles a thin line between photograph and video which makes it seem like some kind of strange step-sister of this part of the visual arts.
But this one works on all fronts. The music captures the mood of the images perfectly, the camera moves and pans through the scenery with such flow and grace. LOVE IT!




post signature

9 comments:

Adam said...

I'm glad you're back blogging again -- even if it is infrequently.

I love the timelapse video -- it made me want to go back to Vancouver.

Treff said...

Oddly enough, I have also had an increase in spam...in Chinese! I don't know why they are spamming me but have you had the same problem?

I was also cursing the sky wondering why it didn't come a day earlier on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Usually it's around New Years and Spring that gives me thoughts of any new directions that I might want to take.

Loved the video!

Nema® said...

oh, I love the video...it is so, I don't know how to name it, so soft.

and I looove spring! spring= fresh new begin.

Goofball said...

in my mind new beginnings are always in september after the summer vacations. In my head I remain a school kid. But seriously, most Belgian organisations & activities stop for the summer break and restart in september.

christina said...

Wow, my favourite season and my favourite city in one post! Thank you!

Yes, I also like to start fresh in the spring. So much to be done, so much hope in the air and those little crocuses are just so damn cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

Normally, I most enjoy autumn. It just feels like that slide into the end-of-year holidays is the ramp up to general busyness. And I often mourn winter turning into spring, as that means I'm just going to be hot soon (I hate being hot).

But this winter was a fat slice of ass. And I'm greeting this spring with more enthusiasm than is usual.

Snooker said...

@ Adam - We'll see how it goes. At this point I've posted more blogs in the last two days than I had in the previous two months.

@ Yelli - Cursing SPAMMERS and bad timing alike.

@ Jude - There is nothing like a tender bud on a tree to get me thinking about new beginnings.

@ Nema - Soft, I like it.

@ Goofball - Awww... really? At the beginning of school? Man, I always liked school, but not THAT much.

@ Mausi - My pleasure to give you pleasure! I thought of you when I saw the video.

@ Sarah - "... a fat slice of ass..." OH MY! How descriptive! This past winter really was a pain, and I think you nailed my general emotion very well.

le0pard13 said...

That is one great time-lapse vid. At one time, it used to be autumn. But, as I've gotten older it keeps moving back. Summer... and now spring. In ten more years, I'll be back to Jan. 1st. Fun post. Thanks for this, SnB.

p.s., no way as beautiful as that Vancover vid, but I wonder if you saw this one that covered last August's fires here in L.A.