Monday, March 17, 2008

First Day in The Big Apple

New York City! Wow, what can I say?
First off, let's hear it for free Wi-Fi at the hotel! Super 8 (yes, yes, I know... never stay at a hotel with a number in the name!) gets bonus points!

Second, the weather is cold and wet, so it could be better. But then as we all know, it could be worse.

We got in late Saturday night, then up this morning for a bus tour of lower Manhattan. There is just so much to take in that it is almost mind-blowing.

The bus trip (Grey line of course), was very nice even if it was numbingly cold, (open-air double decker) and got some lovely pictures.
I find that I'm very drawn to traffic shots.
The buildings are lovely, but they aren't alive the same way the people and traffic are.













I'm trying out a new (to me) photoediting software named Gimp which I've found to be quite powerful even if it isn't very intuitive.

Our bus was detoured quite a bit because of the recent fatal crane collapse which really looks horrible, even from a distance. This is as close as we got to it.
Well, signing off for a while. We'll go out again and see what else the big city has to offer in the dark!
Tomorrow is the St. Pat's parade... I am SO PUMPED!
I even bought a green shirt that has a white graphic... um how to describe...
It says I ___ New York, except where the heart would normally be, there is a shamrock!
Tee hee hee!

No comments: