Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem

GRANT US PEACE
I wish I had something of substance to offer on the subject of Peace.
People around me say that I don't have thoughts or dreams of the future, and they are right. So it is nigh to impossible for me to envision world peace. I have no idea what it would even be like. Even though I can't wrap my brain around it, I believe and understand that it would be a better place. What I do know is that peace begins with the children, teach them what is possible. They will lead the way for a new world.

Where did this come from Snooker??
Mimi Lennox is at it again. She is the creator of the BlogBlast for Peace, and of the Peace Globes.

This idea started by one post written in November 2006. A part of it went like this:

"Imagine a day like this.......You turn on your computer, crank up Blogger or Typepad or Wordpress and you realize that something is very strange.
Someone or something is playing a huge cosmic joke.

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if on one particular day......All bloggers everywhere signed their blog name across a globe and all posted the SAME POST on the SAME DAY...... What IF............every person who clicked through the blogosphere saw hundreds -even thousands- of posts that said the SAME THING?
What IF...............every post on November 7, 2006 was simply titled 'Dona Nobis Pacem' with a picture of our big beautiful world in the body of the post with each blogger's name screaming a great big GRANT US PEACE".

And since the first edition on November 2006, with two others that followed, it has evolved into a worldwide movement.

Learn more about BlogBlast :
Blog Blast for Peace Official Blog

2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

I love the work you've done here and appreciate your post. Words do matter and yours were heard loudly today across the blogosphere.

Thank you for blogging for peace.
Peace to you and yours,
Mimi
Mimi Writes

Mimi Lenox said...

And all the way from Berlin! YAY!!!